There are many high performance luxury coupes on the market today. Mercedes-Benz and BMW dominate the luxury market, but the Audi A5 Premium and the Audi S5 Premium Plus both come close. In this article, we will take a look at the differences between the two luxury coupe Audis.
Called by some reviewers “the prettiest model in Audi’s lineup,” the Audi A5 is a compact executive car from the German manufacturer Audi AG. The Audi A5 is an attractive model with its sense of style, all-wheel drive system and the potent performance of the base V6 engine. Coupe, cabriolet and “sportback” comprise the Audi A5 lineup.
The Audi A5 has shown excellent fuel economy and decent acceleration.
The A5 line is highly praised by critics for its combination of quality, design and performance.
The Audi S5 inherits all the style of the Audi A5, but this model has a more powerful V8 motor.
If you like a luxurious, sporty car, then the Audi S5 coupe is your choice. This model features the standard quarter all-wheel drive system, which sends most of the available power to the rear wheels, thus giving the drive on the Audi S5 a “sporty” feel. One of the features that users like in the S5 is the rear view camera with its guiding lines that curve while the steering wheel is turned.
In the interior, the Audi S5 provides the same sense of style as on the exterior, combined with seamless functionality.
|Audi A5 Premium||Audi S5 Premium Plus|
|More “classic” look||More futuristic and sporty look|
|There is more space in the back of the car||There is less space in the back of the car|
|Acceleration: In 1/4 mile, makes 16.2 s at 89.0 mph||Acceleration: In 1/4 mile, makes 13.5 s at 103.3 mph|
|Features 18 inch wheels||Features 19 inch wheels|
|Equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, capable of 211 horsepower||The engine is a 4.2 FSI V8, capable of 333 horsepower|
|Competes with luxury cars, mid-size SUVs and sports cars||Competes with luxury cars, and sports cars|
|Costs US$37 000-45 000||Costs US$55 000-59 000|
The Audi A5 Premium vs The Audi S5 Premium Plus
What is the difference between Audi A5 Premium and Audi S5 Premium Plus?
Differences in the exterior
- The Audi A5 Premium is a classic representative of the Audi family. The exterior is elegantly designed; it is a definition of a classic style. On the other hand, the exterior of the S5 is more futuristic: the nose of the S5 is dominated by its prominent grille, similar to the rest of the recent Audi lineup. Led lights give an additional futuristic touch. Adding to the cutting edge design, there are bulging wheel arches and a smooth blend of the roof line with the rear end of the automobile.
Differences in the Interior
- The interior of the Audi A5 Premium provides more space for passengers on the backseat than the interior of the Audi S5 Premium Plus. Tall passengers can possibly be squeezed into the back of the sporty Audi S5 Premium Plus.
Differences in performance
- In terms of engine performance, the Audi S5 Premium is 60 percent more powerful than the A5 Premium, with its impressive 333 horsepower. The Audi A5 Premium’s engine is capable of 211 horsepower.
- The Audi S5 Premium Plus provides twenty percent stronger acceleration than the Audi A5 Premium. Due to its V6 motor, the Audi S5, in 1/4 mile, makes 13.5 s at 103.3 mph, while the Audi A5 only reaches 16.2 s at 89.0 mph.
Differences in the price
- The Audi A5 Premium is a significantly cheaper vehicle than the Audi S5 Premium. The price range for the A5 is US$37 000-45 000, while the S5 costs US$55 000-59 000.
- The competitors of the Audi A5 Premium Plus belong to the class of luxury cars, mid-size SUVs and sports cars. Chief competitors are the BMW 328i and the BMW 550i, as well as Audi’s own tAudi A4 Premium and the Audi A6 Premium. The Audi S5 Premium, on the other hand, has competitors in the classes of luxury and sports cars. Main Audi S5’s rivals include the BMW M3 and the BMW 550i, as well as Audi’s own Audi S6 and the Audi S4.
In this video you can see a detailed review of the 2015 Audi S5 and the 2015 Audi A5: