Luxury cars that sold under the brand name Lexus ( luxury car division of the Japanese Toyota Motor Corporation) sound very similar in name. They are called Lexus IS, Lexus ES and Lexus GS. Yet, there are substantial differences between the three series as represented by the 2014 variations of the Lexus IS 350, ES 350 and GS 350, and we will explore them in the following article.
Differences in engines & transmissions
- The 2014 Lexus IS350 is powered by 3.5-liter, dual-overhead-cam V-6 engine. The motor produces 306 hp at 6,400 rpm and 277 foot-pounds of torque at 4,800 rpm. The rear-wheel-drive IS350 comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission, while the all-wheel-drive version came with a 5-speed automatic transmission.
- The 2014 Lexus ES350 is powered by the same 3.5-liter V-6 engine. It generates 268 hp at 6,200 rpm and 248 foot-pounds of torque at 4,700 rpm. All ES350s came standard with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- The 2014 Lexus GS350 is powered by the same 3.5-liter naturally aspirated gas V-6. The motor produces 306 hp at 6,400 rpm and 277 foot-pounds of torque at 4,800 rpm. The GS350 comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Differences in the performance & driving experience
- The Lexus IS350’s class is a compact, or sports sedan class. This model is a winner in terms of performance between the three models we are discussing. The IS 350 accelerates 0 to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds. This car is definitely for those who like to drive fast.
- The Lexus ES350 shows 6.5 seconds (0 to 60 mph.) The ES 350 offers its passengers a more laid-back driving experience.
- The Lexus GS350’s acceleration is 5.7 seconds (0 to 60 mph.) Due to its excellent performance qualities combined with the exterior and interior design, this model is a unique representative of the sports executive sedan class.
Differences in pricing on the American market
- The 2014 Lexus IS350’s base price is US $39,615 for the rear-wheel-drive version and US $41,850 for the all-wheel-drive version.
- The price on the 2014 Lexus ES350 starts at US$36,620.
- The 2014 Lexus GS350 is priced around US $47,700
- The Lexus IS350’s competitors include the BMW 3-Series, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and the Audi A4.
- The Lexus ES350’s competitors include the Mercedes-Benz E350 and C300 Sport, the Toyota Avalon, Buick Lacrosse, Lincoln MKZ and Hyundai Azera.
- The Lexus GS350’s competitors include the Audi A6, the BMW 5-series, the Cadillac CTS, the Toyota Infinity Q70, and the Mercedes Benz E-class.